GRAND HOTEL PLAZA ROME
There are cities where history not only leaves behind the remains of the past but echoes with the memories of events and people that, through the constant passage of time, far from being lost or faded, come back to life.
For almost a century and half, the Grand Hotel Plaza has resided in the antique Palazzo Lozzano in Via del Corso, whose design has endured through to the current structure, uniting, in around 1834, several pre-existing buildings in the same area by the architect Antonio Sarti, concluding the project in 1837.
Further construction work took place in 1920s, inspired by the Art Nouveau style in fashion at the time and by the growing importance of the hotel as a meeting place for cultural exchange, in a period where the city of Rome was recognised once again for its role as the homeland of Classics, Culture and the Arts.
It is said to have been inaugurated in 1865 and quickly became famous as a meeting point for travellers, aristocrats, ambassadors, artists, political dignitaries and rulers when visiting Rome.
In its stimulating setting and context, a plethora of artists and personages have chosen to spend several periods of their life at the Grand Hotel Plaza.
The Grand Hotel Plaza was selected in countless occasions as a filming location. Out of our many illustrious guests, we can boast Luchino Visconti, who discovered here that nineteenth century ambience that was so dear to him that the film “L’innocente” (The Innocent) was shot in our very interiors. More recently, the interiors of “Ocean’s 12”, with Brad Pitt and George Clooney, “Gangs of New York” by Martin Scorsese and \"Along Came Polly\" with Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller were set at the Grand Hotel Plaza.
SPECIAL OFFERS »
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION HOLIDAYDETAILS
Rooms with large Private Terrace starting from € 250,00DETAILS
NEW YEAR\'S EVE 2015 AT THE GRAND HOTEL PLAZADETAILS
Five star luxury hotel with Tours siteseeing for the most popular monuments of Rome, hotel near spanish steps and Trevi Fountain, hotel near the Pantheon and POI of Rome